Free WiFi network
In busy parts of the town centre a Wi-Fi network is available for use free of charge. Simply enter your USERNAME and PASSWORD. If you have not registered, you can easily request an ID them there and then.
Follow these steps:
- Connect to the ‘esanlorenzo’ network
It will appear under Available Networks in your Wi-Fi Settings (in Android, Settings → WiFi → AVAILABLE NETWORKS).
The network can be found in public locations marked with the icon, in town squares, parks, the sports centre, La Lonja at the Monastery, on the side parallel to Floridablanca, and on main thoroughfares.
Consult all the areas at the end of the text.
- Enter your network ID to begin browsing
Open your web browser (the latest versions of Android open it automatically when detecting a network with prior identification such as this).
A screen will pop up asking for your USERNAME and PASSWORD. Enter your ID if you already have it (a previously issued ID will work).
If you do not have an ID:
- Click on the link. This brings up a screen asking for your mobile phone number, with a button to send you an SMS with the codes.
- You will promptly receive an SMS message with your USERNAME (mobile phone number) and PASSWORD.
- This message is FREE for users. It also works on foreign mobile phones from any country.
- Enter the ID codes to start using the Internet connection.
By default the codes expire after one year to allow for possible regulatory changes, although as no more restrictive conditions have arisen since the service was set up, the expiry date of all codes is being automatically extended for ALL users without the need for you to take any action.
Don’t forget or lose your code, as you cannot request a new code for the same mobile number until 15 days have passed from the first request. You should ideally keep the SMS as a reminder, or note it down in a safe place.
The Local Council and Municipal Tourism websites can be browsed openly without access codes.
Problems with the service
You should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the type of incident and where it happened (street, town square, park).